Have you ever felt up in the clouds? When everyone else has their feet planted firmly on the ground. If you answered yes, you may need to follow some of the grounding techniques I provide in this post below. The side effects of being ungrounded are serious ones: constant money struggles (money comes and goes, but doesn’t stay.), endless agruments with your support system, being nomadic and having a shaky home foundation, being unfocused, aloof, and scattered. I learned most of these grounding tips from Doreen Virtue and Teal Swan.
1) Walk barefoot in the grass. This not only connects you to nature, but grounds you with the actual earth’s soil.
2) Take up gardening. Same as number 1, this is a methaper for planting your seeds in the ground.
3) Work on your root chakra. I specifically was told to do a represented flushing motion for this, taking all the negative from all the chakras, starting at the crown and flushing it out at the root. Releasing all the negative and bringing back up to the crown only positive. This also flushes any energy that is residual and doesn’t belong to you.
4) Wear the color red, as this symbolizes the color of the root chakra.
5) Eat food that comes from the roots of the earth or that are reddish in color, like potatoes, sweet potato, beets, or strawberries.
6) Get grounding crystals such as Hematite, Smoky Quartz, and Jasper. They are darker and black in color, so not the sexiest crystals, but favorites for grounding.
Finally, it pains me to even write this, so that’s why I’m using it as a conclusion, as opposed to a numbered bullet…mediate less and/or differently. There is a false security from staying in the clouds, and an obvious observation anyone could make is meditation connects you more with spirit, not the physical plane. If you’d like to not completely float away, meditate less frequently if you feel ungrounded. Another solution would be meditate differently, for example, use guided meditation aided to help ground you and balance the root chakra.
Hope this was helpful, SG